1. Black Women make up 12.4% of the population in the United States, yet makeup 55.3 deaths per 100,000 live births of maternal health deaths in the United States.
2. Black women face higher rates of chronic illnesses like high blood pressure, heart conditions, and diabetes. Conditions that can contribute to maternal death.
3. Racial discrimination within the health care systems across America impacts the way Black women are received in medical centers.
4. Socioeconomic status and private insurance, do not exclude Black Women from being ignored by doctors.
5. The Maternal Crisis is a HUMAN RIGHTS Crisis.